Monday 19 March 2012

The Film Project

Selfridges have found seven designers to create short films for them in celebration of the launch of the Womens Designer Galleries.  Each film celebrates femininity in a different way.  I've chosen my favourites - it's time to choose yours.  The whole collection is on display at The Old Selfridges Hotel until 25th March or available online at http://style.selfridges.com/womensdesignergalleries/thefilmproject#timings


Club Nouveau - Gareth Pugh

This one I could watch all day; I love it.  The foreboding music juxtaposed with the elegant dancing is so captivating.  I also love the unconventional beauty and the way they interpreted the brief of exploring femininity.

Obscure Desires - Alexander McQueen

I love the mystery and how throughout you just want to see more, so enticing! And the head pieces are reminiscent of the s/s McQueen collection I loved so much.

D'Amore Sill'Ali Rosee - Rick Owens

Again the music and sense of mystery really make this short what it is.  The use of lighting in it is also incredibly interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers